You are viewing an archive of ran from 2008 to 2021. The site is no longer actively maintained and some information may no longer be accurate.

Need a Taxi?

Here are some local firms

Taxi licences are issued by St Albans District Council, who also issue advice on hiring taxis, cabs and public hire vehicles.

Be safe

  • Never get into a vehicle that does not display an appropriate licence plate at the rear. It is not insured and may not be licensed.
  • There are two types of licence plate: yellow for a taxi (Hackney carriage) and green for a private hire vehicle.
  • Hackney carriages display the word taxi on a sign on the vehicle roof.
  • Ensure that the driver is displaying a St Albans approved badge.
  • Make a note of the licence number of any vehicle you hire.