Scoots L₂O is a Wheels to Work Project funded by Hertfordshire County Council under the Big Herts Big ideas programme, and run by the Community Development Agency for Hertfordshire. L₂O seeks to enable those with the inability to travel with a solution in the form of a 50cc scooter.
L₂O is open to anyone that follows these lifestyle habits:
People over the age of 16
- Those who live or work within the Big Herts Big Ideas Project Area (Primarily St Albans, Hemel Hempstead and Watford)
- Those with a secure work, training or education placement
Clients will pay a weekly payment towards the cost of the scooter, to which they will receive full ownership of at the end of a 12 month period. Once accepted onto L₂O the client will receive the following:
- 50cc scooter
- Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)
- Continual support from the L₂O Project team and Aftercare
- Scooter Insurance and Tax
- 12 Month Service Plan
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Breakdown Recovery
- Safety Equipment
- A cost saving in the region of £700+
The only external cost that the client needs to cover is their fuel, thus guaranteeing a huge saving compared to if the client were to purchase a scooter independently.
L₂O not only allows us to guarantee our clients have independent transport by the time they leave our scheme but it also allows us to create massive savings for them too.